Porcelain Veneers – East Longmeadow, MA
Rejuvenating Full Smiles & Boosting Self-Confidence
Even small dental flaws can negatively impact your self-confidence and daily quality of life. Thankfully, Dr. Scannell and Dr. Hollinger can rejuvenate your entire smile with porcelain veneers, the cosmetic treatment that delivers dramatic results! From concealing cracked teeth to filling in dental gaps, porcelain veneers can deliver the flawless smile of your dreams. If you want to have the confidence to show off your smile in any social situation, call Scannell & Hollinger today to schedule an initial consultation.
What are Porcelain Veneers?
A veneer is a thin, tooth-colored sheath that is attached to the front of teeth to conceal all kinds of dental imperfections, such as:
- Minor chips and cracks
- Small gaps between teeth
- Discolored or stained teeth
- Crooked teeth
- Undersized or irregularly shaped teeth
Modern veneers are crafted out of porcelain, a durable and stain-resistant material that blends in seamlessly with natural teeth.
What is the Veneer Treatment Process?
Porcelain veneer treatment can usually be completed in just two trips to our office in East Longmeadow. Here is what you can expect during each step of the process:
- Veneer Preparation: We will first remove an ultra-thin layer of enamel to ensure your veneers will fit comfortably in your mouth. Next, we will take impressions of your teeth and send them to the dental lab, where your veneers will be carefully crafted. You may be provided with temporary veneers to protect your teeth while your permanent ones are being made.
- Veneer Placement: After a few short weeks, we will welcome you back to our office for the placement procedure. This involves removing your temporary veneers, polishing your teeth and then securing your permanent veneers in place using bonding cement and a special curing light. Once the veneers are attached, you can leave our office and immediately continue on with the rest of your day!
It really is that easy! With just two visits to Scannell & Hollinger, you can totally transform your teeth into the beautiful smile of your dreams with porcelain veneers.
Benefits of Porcelain Veneers
Why choose porcelain veneers? This popular cosmetic treatment offers a wide range of benefits, including:
- Brighter Smile – Porcelain is a stain-resistant material, meaning your smile will remain brighter for many years to come.
- Natural Appearance – Veneers are color-matched to your natural teeth, meaning they blend in seamlessly with your natural smile.
- Immediate Results – Veneers require practically zero recovery time. Once your permanent veneers have been bonded in place, you can return to daily routine right away!
- Long-Lasting Solution – With proper care, porcelain veneers can easily last 10 to 15 years.
How to Maintain Your Veneers
You can help ensure your veneers remain a part of your smile for many years to come by practicing these oral hygiene habits:
- Brush your teeth twice a day and floss daily. Although veneers cannot get cavities, plaque and tartar can still build up on them and reach nearby natural teeth.
- Do not chew on pen tips, fingernails or other hard objects.
- Do not try to open packages with your teeth – grab the scissors instead.
- Wear a protective mouthguard when playing contact sports.
- Visit Scannell & Hollinger twice a year for a routine checkup so we can examine your veneers along with the rest of your smile.